Bibliophiles who have visited

Saturday, June 7, 2014

A new job!

No, I'm not quitting the books store :). But I DO have a new job IN the bookstore... well I say job... more like they allow me to continue doing something that I randomly started doing anyways.
It is now my great privilege to draw on a chalk board and dry erase board in the kids section of our bookstore!!! Frankly I can't think of anything else I would better suited for. Sadly there isn't a lot of call for a illustration background when working at a bookstore... Which you would think isn't the case.

Bookstore = creative
Creative = Art like stuff
Art like stuff = Illustration....

I'm pretty sure my math is right.

But that's not the point. Now I have the opportunity to flourish and to show off my skills with chalk and dry erase board markers :).

So each one is taken from a children's book (Or at least that is the aim. As you can see, there is a JRR Tolkien quote here too.)

This one sadly only lasted about 3 days. It looked as though the colors excited a small child. And the only way to relieve said excitement was to make sure all the colors were destroyed. That's ok though. These weren't meant to be permanent.    
 I think this one by Roald Dahl might be my favorite so far.
 People in the store were pretty impressed that I could draw typewriter font.


I'll keep posting them as I make more. And hopefully newer and greater ideas will keep this practice going for a good long while. 

 

1 comment: